Sunday, August 2, 2015

trying to heal

i haven't written in so long..
i feel like my heart needs me to write.

how am i doing?
alrightish, i guess.

aubrey and i had a chance to go {home} to Illinois a couple weeks back this summer.
it was a relaxing, peaceful vacation.
there were days and conversations that helped fill an empty spot that has been growing in my soul.  i grieved the loss of a perfect little girl---sweet Mabel, and in doing so felt closer to my beautiful boy than i have in a long while.  

sitting with my dear friend, Mabel's mom, talking and just being made my heart feel more at peace than i have in months.


i watched Aubrey and Mabel's sister connect and bond in a way i can't fully understand.  there was an unspoken knowing between them, two sisters who have lost their special little brother/sister, a knowing that will never need to be explained with words. 


 it was like a weight had been lifted from my heart, seeing that my sweet girl has someone who knows her hurt and can relate in a way that i can't.

  a piece of me was healed on this trip.  as i grieved for this special little girl, i could feel her love and light bring healing to my soul. 

 
being at home, my home, surrounded by all my familiar things made breathing a little bit easier that week.  driving around aimlessly on my old country roads was like therapy for my overactive mind.


i let myself slow down enough to actually think and feel.  i let myself tap into the feelings i normally try so hard to keep at arms length so i can get through the day.
when i let myself really feel, i'm always afraid i'll fall so completely apart that there will be no putting myself back together.  when i really think about my beautiful boy, the feelings and emotions are so overwhelming that i can't breathe and it feels like i might actually die.

i took a little walk out in my dad's backyard and ended up at the spot Aubrey, Connor and i had our pictures taken just 2 summers ago. 




 i walked down and the light was breathtaking----so perfectly blue, so perfectly him.
 the memory of that summer 2 years ago is so good, yet oh so hard at the same time.  this was my sweet boy's last summer spent in Illinois. this was the summer his breathing took a horrible turn for the worse---it happened in Illinois and i remember the moment i realized it.  the awful "new" noise he made from his carseat as i was driving to a friend's bbq.  that terrifying high pitched noise he made as he gasped for air while his trachea was collapsing.  5 months after this summer vacation 2 years ago, my son was dying in the hospital.

these thoughts and memories came flooding in but i felt them and i didn't drown.  
i felt them and i was still standing, breathing through the pain.

i try not to feel things because it hurts, but when i do let myself feel... i feel him so incredibly close that all the pain is worth it for that brief moment of beauty.

i'm searching for balance in my life, always.
i feel like i fail miserably most days.
i want to be fully present in my life, but i can't help but want to go back.  sometimes i want him back so badly that i almost convince myself that it could happen!
i want to change and grow into a woman who is confident and happy but i'm so afraid to let go of who i was because that's the only me who knew my son.
i want to be successful but i'm so terrified of failure that i'd almost rather not try.
i want to do things that matter, to help as many people as i can in this life but i worry that i'm so broken i'll do more damage than good.
i want to find someone to love and who will love me back but i fear that person will never really know me because they never knew him.
i was my best self when i was with him and i'm trying so hard to figure out who i am now.

all these things---i'm trying.
it's hard but i won't stop trying.

happy Sunday to you.
<3

3 comments:

  1. so so sorry for your loss. Amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words have touched my soul. Connor is a beautiful boy. I am very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE SPELLS UNTIL I MET THIS WORLD’S TOP SPELL CASTER. HE IS REALLY POWERFUL AND COULD HELP CAST SPELLS TO BRING BACK EX LOVER, I’M HAPPY & A LIVING TESTIMONY COS THE MAN I HAD WANTED TO MARRY LEFT ME 2 WEEKS BEFORE OUR WEDDING AND MY LIFE WAS UPSIDE DOWN COS OUR RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ON FOR 2YEARS… I REALLY LOVED HIM, BUT HIS MOTHER WAS AGAINST US. SO WHEN I MET THIS SPELL CASTER, I TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION OF THINGS TO HIM..AT FIRST I WAS UNDECIDED,SKEPTICAL AND DOUBTFUL, BUT I JUST GAVE IT A TRY. AND IN 3 DAYS WHEN I RETURNED TO MY COUNTRY, MY BOYFRIEND(NOW HUSBAND) CALLED ME BY HIMSELF AND CAME TO ME APOLOGIZING FOR EVERYTHING HIM AND HIS MOTHER HAS DONE TO ME..I DIDN’T BELIEVE IT COS THE SPELL CASTER ONLY ASKED FOR SOME VITAL INFORMATION WHICH I FORWARDED TO HIM…I AM HAPPY TO SAY WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED, IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS THE SPELL CASTER FOR SOME HELP, HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS; [DR_MACK@YAHOO.COM]…… HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT

    ReplyDelete