Wednesday, January 15, 2014

two days before.

these next photos were taken December 21st, two days before my sweet baby passed away.
.......................

this was a hard day.
this was the day i started calling and texting friends and family.  telling them that if they wanted to come see my beautiful boy, time was precious and it was running out.
every time i sent another text i wanted to make myself stop.  if i just stopped sending the texts, it wouldn't be real!  if people stopped coming to say goodbye, i wouldn't have to say it myself.  with every visit, every tearful hug from a friend---the reality of it all sunk in so deeply to my soul.  i could feel myself going through the motions---sending the texts, giving those hugs, explaining the situation and the reality of it all----but i felt like i wasn't present fully.  like i was standing over myself, watching me do all these horribly unbelievable things.  i wanted to tell me to STOP!!
stop it!!  this can't be happening to your sweet boy, to MY sweet boy!!
i just wanted it to stop.
of course, it didn't.
it wouldn't stop.
it couldn't.

i prayed a lot.
i spend so much time praying that i was making the right decisions.
 and when it became divinely clear that i was, i prayed for sweet comfort for my beautiful son.
i prayed for absolute peace for his sweet soul.  i prayed and prayed and prayed for my sweet boy.



i prayed he knew how much mommy loved him.
i prayed for his sister, i prayed so hard for her to somehow understand all this and to be able to accept it and feel safe through it all.  i prayed for her to know how much her brother loves her even though he could never say it.

i prayed so much.
if my dad hadn't been there i think this is the day i would have fallen apart.
luckily i had his strength, and the strength of my tiny little superhero, my brave son, to lean on.
he was so brave.
<3

1 comment:

  1. I think about your little family every day. I wonder how you are and hope your heart might be a little lighter than the day before. I pray little by little the hurt will be a little less and everyday our heavenly Father will carry you when it gets to be too much. Hang in there momma! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete