Sunday, June 16, 2013

rough week....and happy Father's Day!

it's Sunday, but a not so happy Sunday here.
no fancy pants for us today.
no pants at all, actually.
(for connor. he is just wearing a onesie. i have pants on--just to clarify)

it's been a rough week here.
my sweet boy's fever started on Wednesday and hasn't gone down since.
went to the Urgent Care yesterday and his x-rays showed 'possible' pneumonia in his right lung.


this is us waiting for the doctor to come back and tell us the x-ray results yesterday.
my poor sweet boy didn't feel well at all.

last night was pretty awful, too.
he did sleep for a few hours in a row, but after that it was up every 15 minutes again.
with his little whimpers and moans.
oh, it just breaks my heart.


 i'm hoping his antibiotic will start kicking in today and things will start turning around.
his sweet little face has been so sad all week.

this has been the position we've been in the most.

 if i lay him down, he starts to get really agitated and frantic.



i love him so much.

he's been able to rest a little bit more this morning than he has all week, so hopefully that's his body's way of starting the healing process.





also, it's Father's Day!!
and i couldn't let this day go by without expressing how much i love and appreciate my dad.
he really is my best friend.

i would be so lost without him.


he is so fun, and so perfect with my sweet babies.


he has taught me everything i know and i try so hard everyday to be more like him.

there were some times in my life i so wish i could take back.
times where i didn't listen to or appreciate my dad.
times where i was pretty darn awful to him.

but he has always stood by me, trying to point me in the right direction.
(sometimes jumping up and down, using neon flashing lights)
and when i didn't listen and made my own choices, he was still there in the distance to help me pick up the pieces and start 'doing the right thing'.

 he is a silly best friend and Papa to my sweet girl.




he is a warm, safe, solid presence for our Superboy.


he is everything to me.





best dad, best Papa (or Paca), best friend, best man i know.


i love you, daddy.
thanks for being there for me.
no matter what.

lymtylmsifsib
 <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry he isn't feeling good. Hopefully he gets feeling better soon. We are thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete