Sunday, September 22, 2013

a child of God

happy Sunday!




we have our fanciest of pants on today.
this Sunday was the Primary Program at church.

 aubrey has been practicing her part for a while now.
and this year, they gave connor a part! (which means mommy had a part!)

aubrey got to go up and read a scripture (she did a great job!)
and for connor's part, i carried my beautiful boy up to the podium and said, "this is Connor and he is a child of God".

i was so nervous!
ha, i remember how nervous i used to get when i was little, walking up to the podium in front of everyone.......and now i'm 30 and i still get nervous:)
but i think i did ok. (and i didn't drop connor, so that's good)
several people came up to me afterward and said the spirit in the room was so strong when i brought my sweet boy up there.
and aubrey told me after that she was crying along with everyone else.
<3

i love that they could all feel how strong my beautiful boy's spirit is.
it really is something special, and strong, and pure, and true.

it is the very essence of what this life is supposed to be about, i think.
he is the closest thing to Heavenly Father that i know and can physically feel.



it was fun watching all the little kids do their parts.
 a good day at church!




and here are some more cute pictures of my two favorite people in the whole world.....








happy Sunday to you.
<3

4 comments:

  1. I tear up just imagining you and Connor in the program! You are such a blessing to your ward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ivy! I teared up just reading about it! Geez! You are such an incredible person Crissy. God must trust you a lot because Conner is something truly special. I was listening to you on your little youtube video and I kept thinking you are just the perfect for Conner, you are so tender and loving and sweet. He is so lucky to have you. You are amazing and continue to amaze me all the time. Loves!

    ReplyDelete