Saturday, September 21, 2013

three. zero.

it's my birthday today.
three. zero.
the big 3-0.
i have entered into my third decade of life.
i thought it would feel horrific!
it feels no different than yesterday or the day or week before.
so that's good, i think.
i feel like my twenties were so full of every kind of  life experience (most of them not so great), that i lived at least 4 different lifetimes in the last 10 years.
so thirties?
um, ok i guess.
all i care about is that my kids know how much i love them every day.

it has been a good birthday day for me.
i got to spend it with my two favorite people in the whole world, my sweet boy and sweet girl.
i got some sweet snuggles and kisses from my beautiful boy.



...and the BEST surprise EVER from my sweet girl and her friends...
our good friends and neighbors surprised me by decorating our front steps with all these cute penguins.  each penguin had a super nice word on it.
and my friend (their mom) baked me the yummiest cake ever!
i feel so loved.
i love my neighbors and all my friends who took the time to wish me a happy birthday today.
i am very blessed by all the love and kindness shown to me on a daily basis.

in the afternoon we went over to my sister's house and got to visit with her and her family, along with some of my closest family friends.
my dad sent me the most beautiful flowers.
i love them!  they make me miss him even more than usual, though.

i just want to say that i am very lucky to be where i am today, with so many people who love and care about me.  these past few years have been some of the hardest of my life, and i feel like i have been able to come out of them a little stronger and a whole lot wiser because of the things i've gone through.  i feel like i have learned a lot about life in the last little while, but also know i have so much more to learn.  i am so incredibly happy being a mom to my two sweet babies.
they are my whole world, and i wouldn't want anything different.

i truly feel blessed to be celebrating another year of life.
maybe this will finally be the year that when solicitors knock on my door, they don't ask me if my mom or dad are home.........

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment