Sunday, March 23, 2014

3 months.

this Sunday is a particularly hard one.
today is 3 months.
3 months since my beautiful boy died, 3 months since i've held my son.

 three months.
i can't believe it's only been 3 months.
how is it possible that 3 months seems like 3 decades??
how is it possible that time is so deceiving?
how is it possible that my son is gone?
how am i still living when my heart stopped beating that day......
how is it all possible?
..........................
i miss him so much.
it feels like so many things have happened since he died, yet sometimes it feels like nothing is changed at all.  like i will walk in the living room one day and expect him to be there, rolling on the floor, needing to be suctioned.  or i'll turn around in the van and hope he'll still be there in his carseat, kicking his feet and squirming away.  or i wake up at night, and swear i hear his breathing.  i want to get up and go across the hall and suction my sweet boy.
but he's not there.
and he's not in the van, or in the living room.
he's not here.
he's gone.
 
and now the only way to feel him is to close my eyes and let him in.
sometimes i can feel him right away, without trying really.
other times i try so desperately, so frantically to feel my son and if i can't i panic.
i want to feel him.
i want him to be with me all the time, like he was when he was still here, still alive, in my arms.
i miss him being in my arms.
i miss him being with me, all the time.
he was always with me.  always.
and now he's not.
  or he is, but it's different.  it's harder.
it's not the same.
it will never be the same, and that is something i am learning how to live with.
i am so incredibly grateful for the time i got to spend with my son.  yes, it was far too short and full of trials of every kind......but i wouldn't change any of it for one second.  i know how lucky i was to be the one who got to care for him.  i know how much he blessed every aspect of my life.  i know he was sent to me to help me, to save me.  and i know i will see him again.
one day we will be together again.
and on that day will be the beginning of our forever.
i cannot wait for that day.
and yet i know i need to live this life now.
i need to remember, while i'm in the depths of my grief, that this life will be but a brief stop on our long journey of forever.
i can get through this life because of the knowledge i have of the next.
and i have a sweet girl that makes this life so worth living.
we miss our sweet boy, our Connie.
 
everyday is a hard day for me.
but i can do hard things.
or i can try......and trying is something i continue to do every single day.
 
i am trying.
i am living.
i am sad.
but i will be ok.
 all i have to do is close my eyes and let him in.
<3

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. your blog post hit very close to home and had me in tears. The loss of a child is a terrible thing and so hard to deal with, but not a lot of people can understand the loss of a child that was always by your side, that was in your thoughts not only when you were awake but when when you slept. Sleep is never deep because you have to always be listening just in case of trouble. You don't just leave the house there is a lot of preparation just to go to the store and getting in and out of the car is not a 10 second event. Going to visit a friend isn't easy either because there is always, is there anyone sick there, can I get the chair in the house and many other items to worry about. yet that all becomes second nature and no one else realizes all you do but you do it because you love them and that's what moms do. I lived that that life for 23 years before I lost my daughter. It's been 20 months now and my arms still ache to hold her, to brush her silky long hair to feel her hand around my arm as she tried to get me to feed her. She was my life, my identity and suddenly she was gone and so was I. I had to find a way to reinvent my self which is not an easy thing to do at 48. I don't like that I can now just jump in the car to go places, I don't like that I can get ready to go some where in 15 minutes, I don;t like being able to sleep and not worry about hearing seizures in the middle of the night. I miss her and would do it all again for her. I am glad to know she is free and she can run and sing and play and fly. I am so glad to know that she is always mine and one day we will be together again. I pray that angles will surround you with the peace you need and remember you are not alone there aren't a lot of us moms with special angels. but if you ever need someone to talk to that understands we are here. Sorry for the long comment. Lani King

    ReplyDelete