Saturday, March 15, 2014

the viewing.

it's been a while since i last posted pictures of that week.
i have a few more.
i have some from my beautiful boy's viewing and his funeral.
i haven't been able to post them yet, it's been hard.
i miss him so much.
it's almost harder to look back at these pictures than it was to actually be there.
when i was there, when i was living it, i was so numb.
my brain was numbing my heart from feeling too much, from literally breaking.
i went through all the motions, but i was still in a state of shock.
i guess i should be grateful for that.


but now, looking back through the pictures, (some of them i took, and some of them my dear friend, a photographer, took), i am taken back to that awful week and this time i can feel it all.
and it hurts.



during the week after my sweet boy died, i was busy.
i was so busy,
and i was so grateful to be in a state of doing because i couldn't just sit still and be.  it was too hard.
i was busy with planning the funeral, picking out my sweet boy's clothes, writing the obituary, writing the eulogy, designing the program, and putting together things for the display tables.
 i wanted so badly for everything to be perfect for my son.
my little boy.
i had so much more i wanted to display, i wanted every single memory and picture and treasure to be there, and even that wouldn't have been enough.
i narrowed it down to 2 tables worth.
it didn't seem like enough.  he was so much more than that.




it seemed so harsh that it all just filled up 2 tables.
i would have filled up the whole building if i could.
it just didn't feel like enough.


the dog in the middle is mine.  my Baxter, i've had him since i was 3.  i found matching ones for my sweet babies, and even made them matching superhero capes to wear.









i can't remember taking this picture, my sweet girl and me.



people started arriving, and it was all pretty much a blur.


 i remember lots of people, lots of faces, lots of hugs, and so many tears.


a safe hug from my dad.
i will forever need those.





i stood the entire time, i don't think i moved at all.
i was so numb.
my sweet boy was right there, right beside me.......but he wasn't.  he wasn't really there.
he was gone. 
he left me a week ago and i just wanted him to come back.
it was the strangest feeling, because i was standing right beside my son's body.  i could touch him and see him and feel him, but he wasn't there.  it wasn't him.
yes, there was a beautiful, perfect little boy laying right there in his white casket, and he was as handsome as can be......but it wasn't him.  i didn't even recognize him in a way.
he wasn't my sweet boy, my perfect little boy.
it was just his body, and my son was so much more than that. 
i missed his spirit.
i still do.







<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I've been reading your blog but haven't posted. It looks like a beautiful memorial. I can't imagine how you were feeling but I can imagine it was just heart breaking.

    ReplyDelete