Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is risen

it's Sunday.
Easter Sunday.
ahh, i miss my sweet boy!
every day, every holiday, everything i do----is a reminder that he isn't here anymore.
he's gone, and it's hard.
putting together only one Easter basket tears at my heart.
buying only one fancy pants Easter outfit is like a kick in the gut.
everything i do now is for only one.
oh how i wish it could be for two again!
but it can't, i know this.
and i am so grateful for the fact that i still have my sweet girl.

 she blesses my life every second of the day.  i could not do this without her.
and i am grateful that my beautiful boy is safe and celebrating this Easter in the presence of his Savior.
how wonderful would that be?
this year especially, i am so fully aware of what today really means.

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." (John 11:35)
Christ died for us so that we may live again.
this brings such comfort to my soul, you have no idea.  i have always believed this to be true, but never have i fully understood it until now.

"He is not here: for he has risen."
He has risen!
i know that my Savior lives and was resurrected and that through Him we can all be made perfect, and live again.
together.
i know that i will see my sweet boy again, and when that day comes he will be walking and talking, without limits or disabilities.  he will be perfect, even more than i already knew him to be--- he will be perfected in Christ.
free from any physical pain or discomfort.
 free from the limits his earthly body placed on him.
free from hurt and sadness and frustration.
free!
i am so grateful for the faith i have and for the peace it brings to my soul.
every day is hard without my beautiful boy.
every milestone and holiday is that much harder.
i choose to be hopeful, i choose to have faith.
every day i am making a choice to try.  to try and make it through this life the best way i can, to be the best mom i can be to my sweet girl.
i miss my son.
i just do.
but i am trying so hard to trust in the knowledge i have that he is safe.  he is no longer suffering or in pain.
he is free.
and he is near me, always.
i keep this knowledge safe in my heart, and use it to get me through the moments i feel like i can't go on.  i have to go on.  i have so much life to live, and even more to live for.
i will go on.
no matter how hard or impossible it seems.
He is risen!
i believe this with all of my heart.
Happy Easter to you.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment