Sunday, April 27, 2014

perspective.

Sunday has come again.
it's been sort of a rough week, for many reasons.
first and foremost, i miss my sweet boy. 
we passed the 4 month mark on wednesday.  i still can't believe it's only been 4 months.  my mind has yet to comprehend this.  i'm not sure it ever will.

secondly, i had more dental work done on tuesday (bone grafting for an implant), so my face just hurts.  though experiencing laughing gas for my first time almost made it worth it.
almost.

i'm grateful for Sunday and for the opportunity to go to church and put everything---all my struggles and grief and heartache---into perspective.  i am grateful for my faith and for my hope and for the desire i have to keep trying.

i am grateful for her.
so grateful for my sweet little girl, who teaches me far more than i could ever teach her.




i struggle with myself----with so many things about myself, but i am trying.  i am trying to move beyond the limits i have always placed on myself.  i am trying to look past the way i've always viewed myself, and see something more, something better, something kinder.
i am trying.
i am trying to look at myself through the same eyes i view other people, through the same eyes that behold my precious children.
i see them so clearly, so perfectly, so beautifully.
i love them wholeheartedly, completely, unconditionally.
i am working on myself.
i am grateful for the desire to keep trying.
happy Sunday, with love.......from me.
<3



3 comments:

  1. Love this Connor picture! You can already see those beautiful blue eyes shining through! Your little girl just looks more and more like you all time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to say the same thing. your daughter looks like your twin. Just beautiful. I just read your blog from front to back and I want to say how blessed I am just to have read it. Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete