Wednesday, August 6, 2014

happy birthday aubrey.

on August 6, 2006......my life changed forever.
i gave birth to the most perfectly perfect little baby girl and became the person i was meant to be----a mother.
my whole life changed, in the best way possible, when i held my sweet baby girl.
my little Aubrey Monet.

today she turns 8.
8 years old, and so much has happened to her in her lifetime, things i wish i could have prevented or protected her from.
and none of it was her fault.
she has been through so much in her short little life, more than any little girl should have to experience.  i couldn't keep any of it from happening, but the one thing i have always been able to do is love her with my whole heart.
she stole my heart from day one and hasn't let it go since.
she is my BFF, my best friend forever.
every night i ask her, "Best Friends Forever?"  and she tells me, "Best Friends Forever."
i hope she means it as much as i do.
she is my best friend, and always will be.
she helps me way more than she will ever realize, she is my saving grace and my silly little friend.
because of her, i have been able to keep smiling, keep laughing, keep loving, keep living.

there's something very unique about my sweet girl-----she has the most tender, loving, caring heart of anyone i know.  she is the best sister a special little brother could have asked for.  i know my sweet boy and my sweet girl knew each other before this life, and that aubrey was anxiously waiting the 16 months it took to bring her brother back to her here on earth.
and i know she was his best friend too, and understood him in a way that is uniquely her own.
they were perfect together, and she misses him more than she can even come to terms with.
she will see him again someday, and the joy of that reunion is something i know she looks forward to and holds on to when the nights get hard.

she is my beautiful baby, and always will be.

Dear Aubrey, 
i know this life is rough and sometimes hard and scary.  but as your mom (mommy), i promise to always be here for you and to always love you with my whole heart, no matter what.  i love you infinitely more today than i did yesterday and will love you that much more tomorrow.
you make me happy.  never forget what a beautiful daughter of God you are.
Love you forever, mommy
<3



last night i went through the pictures on my computer and tried to pick out some of my "favorites"......it seems that all of them are my favorite, so be prepared for a lot.
i couldn't help it, she's too cute:)



 



















































































i love you, sweet girl.
Best Friends Forever.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment