Thursday, May 16, 2013

colorblind thumb.

so i do not have a green thumb.
not even a light or yellowish green one.
it's more like a black thumb.
the black thumb of death to all things plant.
i kill all house plants/flowers/greenery i come in contact with.
seriously, it's like as soon as i look at a plant or merely walk by one, it dies.

it's sad really, because i really want to be able to grow things.
last year i was able to have a semi-successful garden with the help of my good friend and my dad.

this year the time has  come for me to try again.
but definitely not without the help of my friend Christa.
(my green friend)
she came over today to instruct and supervise my gardening tactics.

digging the holes.....check!
at least i had aubrey and one of her friends there to help me plant the seeds.....(because if nothing grows i'm totally going to blame them)

definitely the cutest seed planter i've ever seen:)

look at the concentration on my face....
this is serious business.

we planted a variety of what nots this year....tomatoes, cucumbers, snap peas, carrots, and my favorites: zucchini and yellow squash.

now we just wait and hope and pray things start to grow.
i will do my best to not make eye contact or walk by when they can see me.


connor thinks my thumbs are looking greener already....
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment