Thursday, May 9, 2013

today was connor's Cardiology appointment.
i have been so anxious about this appointment all week...

getting ready to leave, giving a little pep talk.
(just to be clear, connor was giving me the pep talk, i was a nervous wreck!)

we got to the hospital and they did an echo on my sweet boy.
an echo is an ultrasound of the heart.
he got to watch the incredibles while it was being done.
after that they did another EKG.


and then we wait.
waiting is always hard on mommy because all kinds of worst-case scenarios run through my head...

BUT
today was a best case scenario, everything came back ok!!
everything's fine, pretty much normal.
nothing to worry about for the time being.
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

now, i am usually used to hearing 'everything came back normal' from the doctor.
because basically every test he's ever had done (except for his MRIs) has come back 'normal'.
but today when the doctor said those words to me, i just stared blankly at him.....
waiting for him to tell me the bad news....
after a few seconds of staring at him, i finally let the relief flow through me.
he's ok!!
his little heart is ok!
in fact, the echo showed it is the sweetest heart ever! (ok, i made that part up, but i'm sure it's in the results somewhere)
:)

i had been prepping myself for the worst, and so wasn't sure how to handle the best.
but i am relieved.
i am so grateful for all the prayers and support everyone has given us. 
i know it has made all the difference.
so now we continue on with the throat surgery in June, to hopefully give my beautiful boy some relief as well.
i can't tell you enough how much i love this little boy.
he is such a soldier.
he's so much stronger than i ever could be.
i love him, my little sweet hearted boy.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment