Tuesday, August 27, 2013

growing up.

i've been sitting here with my beautiful boy today, still trying to come to terms with the fact that he's going to kindergarten tomorrow.
kindergarten!

really, i can't believe it.
in my head i still picture my sweet boy as a little baby.
a teeny baby.

he's getting to be such a big boy.

i know kindergarten is a huge milestone in every child's life, and every parent sees it as a big deal.
i feel the same way, especially for my beautiful boy.
if you had asked me (or his doctors) years ago if this day would ever happen, the answer would have been 'probably not'.
 there was a point in time where they didn't think he would make it through the winter.

 but we're here.
we've made it this far.
he's such a mystery, so complex.
yet my love for him is the simplest, most sure thing i've ever known.
it's pure love.

i'm going to have such a hard time leaving him at school tomorrow, this i know.
i'll have to get over my own fear of change, fear of the unknown.
fear of not having my sweet boy by my side.

ill have to trust.
trust his teacher, trust his nurses.
(trust that they'll call me if there's a problem, cause i'll only be a few minutes away)
:)

 i love my son.
i love watching him grow, helping him grow up.
he'll always be a teeny baby boy to me, though.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment