Tuesday, February 19, 2013

i had another dentist appointment today......3 hours this time :(   connor did okay, sat right by my chair.  this time i had to stop and suction and hold him though.  maybe holding him was more for my comfort and benefit, i hate the dentist!!  (just to clarify, i actually love my dentist, it's the whole dentist experience i'm not so fond of).

so after 3 hours of unpleasantness, i decided to stop by the temple parking lot (it's right on the way home from the dentist office) to try and soak up some of it's peacefulness...
the sky was blue today, and you could actually see through the air.  the nasty inversion is gone!  (for now)  

you could even see the mountains, it's been a while since i've been able to see them.   utah was starting to remind me of living in illinois there for a while, which was fine with me for the most part----i do miss it. 
but the mountains sure are breathtaking.  

i sat in the parking lot for a few minutes, just thinking, and looking at my sweet boy in his seat behind me.  (and trying to gain feeling back in my face---it was still numb)






i did feel some peace as i took in the beauty of the temple, and of my sweet boy.  he was starting to doze off at this point and i love to see how his ever constantly moving body just sort of relaxes into sleep.  once his brain can relax, the rest of his movements subside.......until his breathing gets in the way.



i'm grateful for peaceful moments, for me and for my son.  in a world that is so full of hectic and crazy, it's nice to let some peace into your soul.  even if it's only for a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment