Friday, February 15, 2013

today has been a long day.  i've had issues with my favorite insurance company again, but this time it had to do with them and the company that supplies connor's suction machine.  apparently the company is no longer in the network, (how that happened after over 4 years of being covered, i don't know...)  so his machine will no longer be covered under our insurance.....i only found this out when i called to order more suction catheters and tubes.   ummm,  good information to know, i think!  so i called our insurance company and the lady i spoke to gave me 2 names and numbers of companies that i could go through for his suction machine.   i called the first one and was greeted by a recording for a grocery store distribution center.........hmmmm.   ok.   so i called the second one and it was that awful fax machine screeching/beeping sound.  spectacular!  i called my brother in law (because he's awesome and has helped me with this kind of thing before)  and he said that when he looked up the names of the companies the lady gave me, that they weren't even real companies......even more spectacular!  after he called and talked to someone from my insurance company, they called me back and i spoke with someone who was actually somewhat knowledgeable (he at least knew how to type in my zip code and find an actual company that i could call) so i called and hopefully worked it all out.  i just have to wait on our old company to fax everything to the new company.....so we'll see if it actually happens.   dealing with insurance or any of these kinds of companies can drive someone seriously crazy!  or for someone like me, even more crazy.  maddening!

No comments:

Post a Comment