Saturday, February 16, 2013

do the right thing.

this is a sign i made from old fence wood.  a friend and i cut the wood from her old fence, painted, sanded and stenciled our own designs on our own wood.   this is mine, it's  hanging in my living room right now.

i chose this saying 'do the right thing' because it's something my dad always says to me.  (the other phrase he always tells me is 'don't be a dumbass'......but i didn't think that would be quite as fitting hanging in our living room.... :/ ) 
this is not a post about crafting, although that would be craft-tastic if it was!    i worry a lot about the mistakes i've made in the past, and the future for me and my kids.  i worry about this mess of a divorce i have been going through and how i'm handling it all.  i worry about being the best i can be so i can take care of my sweet special boy.  and my dad keeps telling me that if i just 'do the right thing', everything will work out.  if i do the right thing, things will be taken care of.  as long as i do everything i can, everything will be okay in the end.

this is what having faith is all about, i think.  i know that if i can keep doing what's right, what i know in my heart to be the right thing, that Heavenly Father will make up the rest.  it's a hard thing, to just trust the unknown, to know that everything is happening the way it's supposed to even when everything seems so out of my control!  i may not be able to control everything the way i want to, and things may not happen as quickly or be the exact way i think they should be or want them to be, but i have faith that things will work out if i can just DO THE RIGHT THING!

p.s.  my dad has been right about a lot of things before, so i'm going to take his word on this one.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment